Skip to main content

FAQ - A frequently asked questions

When and how do I apply for student accommodation at Isabella?

The application for student accommodation is ongoing. When you submit your application, you are placed in our queue. Where you are in the queue depends on when you submit your application and when you need accommodation.

Please apply here. 


Who can apply for student accommodation?

Hanken’s Isabella student accommodation is for full time Hanken students in Helsinki.

What determines who gets student accommodation at Isabella?

The decision regarding an accommodation offer is based on the applicants need for accommodation and economic and social factors stipulated by ARA.

When do I find out if I have obtained student accommodation?

The student accommodation at Hanken’s Isabella is popular, so how quickly you can obtain student accommodation depends on how many flats are free or when they will be available. Most of the apartments that become available are so from the 1st of August every year. Accommodation offers are sent out from May and onward.

We will contact you as soon as we have an accommodation offer for you.

How are applicants, who do not yet have an admission place, processed?

There is no quota for first-year students. Applications are accepted continuously. If you are a first-year student, you can complete your application as soon as you know if you have secured a study place, whereupon the accommodation’s occupancy level determines whether you can have a flat or if you are placed in our queue. If there are any changes in the queue, we will contact you with an accommodation offer.

TV network

The TV network is DVB-C based (Cable).

Is internet included in the rent?

A 10Mb internet connection is included in the rent. If you want a faster internet connection you should make a separate agreement with the supplier Telia.

Do I need to arrange my own electricity contract?

Yes, you must sign your own electricity contract.

Are pets allowed?

Pets are allowed in all apartments.

What type of home insurance should I have?

The home insurance should at the least cover water damage.

How long is the termination of the rental agreement?

All rental agreements are fixed-term an cannot be terminated without an agreement with the landlord.

What should I do if I lock myself out of my flat?

If you are locked out, the door can be opened by our caretaker service company Pestone, 24/7, call +358 40 848 8991. Invoiced according to established price list.

Residential charges price sheet
Close Menu

Wow look at this!

This is an optional, highly
customizable off canvas area.

About Salient

The Castle
Unit 345
2500 Castle Dr
Manhattan, NY

T: +216 (0)40 3629 4753